(serves 2-3 people)
500g lean pork strips
300g stir fry veg (I used pre prepared frozen for ease but you can use fresh)
3 cloves garlic
2 spring onions
Rice (60g per person)
2 – 3 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
1tbsp nut butter – I use peanut or almond
½ tsp fish sauce (you don’t have to use this)
1 tsp ground coriander
250ml boiling water
½ tsp balsamic vinegar
1) Finely chop the garlic cloves and slice the spring onions into thin strips (see picture) – place to one side until needed.
2) Put 1 tsp of olive oil in a wok/pan – high heat on the stove – once hot (nearly smoking point) add in the pork strips.
3) Add a pinch of salt and pepper and fry until turning slightly crispy on the outside. If the pork starts to stick feel free to add a bit more oil or a splash of water to deglaze the pan – take off the heat and put to one side on a plate.
4) Let the wok/pan cool slightly then add 1 tsp olive oil to the pan and return to a medium heat to fry off the veg, stirring to stop them burning (if using frozen follow the packet instructions).
5) While the veg is cooking through add all the sauce ingredients to mug and stir until combined.
6) After 2-3 minutes add the garlic to the pan and stir. Once you can start to smell the garlic put the sauce into the pan and let it simmer while you prepare the rice (following the packet instructions).
7) Keep an eye on the sauce as you want it to reduce down slightly but you can add more boiling water if you prefer more sauce.
8) When the rice is done, drain and put to one side.
9) Add the pork back into the pan and coat in the sauce – cooking for a further 2 minutes to warm back through.
10) Divide the rice between the bowls and spoon over your stir fry mix – put the fresh strips of spring onion on top for a garnish and add a bit of black pepper to taste.